Castle of La Roche-en-Ardenne
The medieval castle in La Roche overlooks the valley of the river Ourthe and offers a great view over the town of La Roche-en-Ardenne and its surrounding area.
The castle is small and very authentic. It has its own legends, dungeons and so on... Kids and their parents will enjoy exploring all the different rooms, sometimes built into the rock itself. The site, which dates from the Neolithic age, has been controlled by a succession of rulers. As a great defensive location, the fortification of La Roche was improved over time.
You will be given a map and information for each room at the entrance. If you have the chance, you should sign up for the very informative guided visit.
A visit to the La Roche castle is the most impressive in summer, when the medieval shows take place.
Events in 2015
- Monday 20 July: fireworks for the Belgian national day and ghost show at 10 p.m. (free entrance and visible in the whole city).
- Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 August: 17th century weekend with animation, jugglers, music, fairy-tales, falconry show, martial arts, reconstructed attack on the castle, theme market in the castle and the city. Schedule on arrival, open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday 22 August: final ghost show and fireworks at 10 p.m.
- from 11 July to 22 August, every day: archery, falconry show (11.30 a.m., 2 and 4 p.m.), ghost show at 10 p.m. (only visible in town with good weather).
- unplanned animation during the weekends of Ascension and Pentecost
A longer stay in one of the Ardennes-Etape holiday cottages, or even an authentic castle, is the ideal way to get to know the beautiful region of La Roche-en-Ardenne.
Copyright Photos - Château de la Roche
The tourist information provided is for information purposes only. Under no circumstance can Ardennes-Etape be held responsible in case of incorrect or obsolete information.
Your account deserves a safer password.
Improve it now.
You can postpone this action, but you know what they say...
You just received an email on [adressemail].
Follow the instructions in the email
See you soon.
Receive our free Malmedy E-Guide.
It's packed with touristic activities, restaurants and hikes.
Tested by our Ardennes experts.
Ardennes-Etape is currently conducting a survey regarding the needs of holidaymakers in terms of service. Fill in our survey (10 minutes max.) and take a chance at winning € 100 in cash!
We thank you in advance for your cooperation,
The Ardennes-Etape team.