Art. 1. Introduction
1.1. Information on Ardennes-Etape
Ardennes-Etape is a registered trademark of ASTERIA sprl whose registered office is located in Belgium at 4970 Stavelot, Avenue Constant Grandprez 29. You can contact ASTERIA sprl by telephone on +32 80 29 24 00, or by fax on +32 80 29 24 09 or by email at info@Ardennes-Etape.com
ASTERIA sprl is registered under VAT number BE 0473952094 and is registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0473.952.094. Asteria sprl is also accredited by the Professional Institute of Real Estate Agents (IPI) under number 502 682.
Ardennes-Etape mainly processes the personal data of RENTAL CUSTOMERS so as to ensure the booking of the accommodation properties listed on its platform.
In this context, Ardennes-Etape acts as "data controller" in accordance with the current data protection legislation, the European Personal Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the "GDPR").
1.2. Protecting your privacy is our priority
Ardennes-Etape is a trusted partner and works daily to protect your personal data.
Our Data Protection Policy seeks to explain how we collect, store, use and transfer your personal data while fully upholding the trust that you place in us.
It also describes your rights with respect to the management of your data and how you can exercise it.
Art. 2. Collection of your personal data
2.1. For what purpose do we use your personal data?
- Acceptance and processing of your sign-up to the www.ardennes-etape.com website, of your (future) booking or order;
- Sending of all documents pertaining to your booking to your email address;
- Preparation of statistics and tests, overall customer relationship management, including for purposes of product promotion by Ardennes-Etape or one of its sister companies. For our statistics, we collect the pages visited and your IP address, for the sole purpose of distinguishing unique sessions;
- Communication of hard-copy and electronic versions of the Ardennes-Etape newsletters;
- Communication of services, activities or tourist attractions, with or without promotions, organised in the vicinity of the holiday home that you have booked for the period of your stay.
- Sending of targeted advertising via Facebook and Google Bing and Criteo to customers and prospects who wish to receive it.
- Sending of Ardennes-Etape newsletters in case of sign-up to the website itself, subscription to one of our blogs, during a campaign on a third-party website, or during one of our activities in the field;
- Sending to your mobile phone number of a welcome message, practical information relating to your online booking, and promotional offers.
Ardennes-Etape will request your express permission for any further use of your personal data.
2.2. How do we collect your personal data?
Ardennes-Etape can collect your personal data in different ways:
- They can be collected as part of a booking made on our site;
- They can also be collected when you fill out the contact form on Ardennes-Etape's various blogs. In such a case, they will only be stored in our management system if you give your express consent. In all other cases, the personal data will be deleted;
- They can be collected if you contact Ardennes-Etape by telephone or email, whether to request for information or for help in booking a stay, and you give your consent for the storage and processing of the data required to carry out the task. Where your consent is not given, the information recorded during the call will be saved for 30 days to allow Ardennes-Etape to do any required follow-up under the best conditions. The data will automatically be deleted after this short period;
- They can be collected if you respond in the affirmative to the question from our operator on whether you wish to be registered on Ardennes-Etape's emailing list.
- Property owners can also be able to collect data on their holidaymakers through the management system provided by Ardennes-Etape. Ardennes-Etape has created a process that encrypts your data and thus ensures that it is only usable by person(s) with access to this management system. Under no circumstances will Ardennes-Etape take the initiative to use this data in any way whatsoever that entails it not taking responsibility for the processing that will be done by the owner.
2.3. What type of personal data do we collect?
Your first name, surname, language, country, town, postal code, street, house number, date of birth, telephone number, email address, IP address, bank account and/or credit card number and gender.
Art. 3. With whom do we share your personal data?
Ardennes-Etape communicates to the owner of the rented house, its administrative manager and/or its reception manager, your surname and first name, your address, your telephone number, and, where applicable, your mobile number and bank details (for the refund of the deposit).
In the event of a complaint or a dispute resulting from a service offered through Ardennes-Etape, if the processing so requires it and after having informed you, certain data may be communicated to third parties: to a competent authority, your representative, the opposing party or their representative.
If you opted for a "cancellation" or "rental damage" insurance policy, the following data will be communicated to the insurance company:
- Reservation ID
- First name
Art. 4. Protection of your personal data?
When we transfer or receive your data on our site, we always use encryption technologies that are recognized as proven standards. We are constantly striving to put in place physical, administrative, technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against unlawful access, use or disclosure.
Art. 5. Retention of your personal data?
Your personal data are kept only for the period required for the purposes for which we collected them taking into account the legal obligations relating to accountability.
In this context, your data will be kept for 10 years after the completion of our task. They will not be sent to any third party other than those specified above and for the purposes stated above.
Art. 6. Data relating to minors?
Ardennes-Etape does not offer property for rent to minors and therefore does not collect any personal data relating to them. If it is brought to our attention that we are in possession of personal data relating to a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
Art. 7. Your rights?
You can access all of your data for free and at any time by logging on to your personal page on www.ardennes-etape.com, and where if need be you can correct them.
Since you provide the data, ASTERIA sprl cannot be held responsible for their content.
By written request accompanied by proof of your identity, addressed to the data controller, whose address is provided below, you can receive for free a record of your personal data as well as have incomplete or irrelevant data deleted or, where necessary, corrected.
- Asteria sprl - Ardennes-Etape - Privacy, Avenue Constant Grandprez 29 B-4970 Stavelot Belgium
If you no longer wish to receive advertising from us via mail, telephone or email, you can let us know via email at info@Ardennes-Etape.com.
Were we to fail in our duties, a complaint can be filed with the regulatory body of your country. You will find a complete list of European regulatory bodies here: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/document.cfm?action=display&doc_id=50061
For Belgium, the competent body is the Privacy Commission whose contact details are as follows:
Art. 8. What happens if we amend our Personal Data Protection Policy?
Our Data Protection Policy may evolve in order to reflect changes in the way we process your personal data.
In such a case, we will inform you so that you can read our new Data Protection Policy before making any new accommodation booking.
You can check the date of the last revision at the very top of the document.
Art. 9. How to contact us?
If you at any time wish to obtain more information or to send us a comment or complaint, you can send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org); we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
Art. 10. Cookies?
Cookies allow us to carry out targeted advertising via Facebook, Google, Bing and Criteo to customers and prospects who wish to receive it.
Want to learn more?